Himalayan Salt Stone Massage is part of a new collection of treatments at Spa of the Rockies in Glenwood Springs, Colorado.
The salt used in the Spa of the Rockies Himalayan Salt Stone Massage comes from in the Punjab region of Pakistan, near the base of the Himalayan Mountains. The Salt Range, as it’s called, was a primal sea long before the geologic forces created some of world’s highest peaks. Himalayan salt is characteristically pink and contains 84 naturally occurring minerals and elements. It has long been used for health and healing in Eastern traditions, with the West only recently embracing this health-boosting form of halite.
Some Benefits of Himalayan Salt
- Promotes healthy blood sugar
- Helps lower blood pressure
- Supports a healthy respiratory system and sinuses
- Boosts bone health and prevents muscle cramps
- Improves circulation
- Relieves anxiety and addresses insomnia
- Lightly exfoliates the skin and is highly relaxing
- Emits negative ions when heated, delivering a myriad of health benefits—from higher mental alertness to protection against germs in the air
During the massage, therapists use warmed Himalayan salt stones to apply pressure, using Swedish massage techniques. During the course of the treatment, the minerals are absorbed through the skin. The effect is a profound sense of well-being.
A Himalayan Salt Stone Massage can also zero out the body’s electromagnetic field. Electronic devices such as phones and computers can disrupt natural energy flow within the body. The stone’s neutral structure and natural resonant frequency help to realign energy pathways and restore balance to the central nervous system.
To book a Spa of the Rockies Himalayan Salt Stone massage, visit www.spaoftherockies.com.