Glenwood Springs, Colorado: Your Mountain Yoga Getaway
The search is over. Glenwood Hot Springs is your haven for a self-paced Colorado yoga retreat in the mountains.
With awareness comes wisdom; it’s as true in life as it is in yoga practice. Discerning where to go for a yoga retreat in the Colorado mountains doesn’t have to be as intense as keeping your balance in tree pose. At Glenwood Hot Springs, attaining nirvana is closer than you think. Following these five steps is a good start:
- Warm up. Increase circulation with a soothing soak in the therapy pool. Immersion in the geothermal water works to relax tension throughout the body. The springs’ dissolved minerals also promote an abiding sense of wellbeing.
- Practice. The Glenwood Hot Springs Athletic Club offers a variety of yoga and Pilates instruction every day of the week. A sampling includes: water-based classes, traditional Pranja, Sivananda and Restorative yoga with Nidra meditation, plus all forms of Pilates—mat, chair and reformer.
- Breathe. Prana, or breath, is our vital life force. Recharge it with fresh mountain air on your Glenwood Springs yoga retreat. Commune with nature by taking a walk along the river or to a nearby mountaintop. Hiking and biking trails, including those in scenic Glenwood Canyon, are within close proximity to Glenwood Hot Springs.
- Release. Body work comes in many forms. Nurture yourself with a post-workout massage. Therapists at the award-winning Spa of the Rockies are trained in a variety of touch therapies that include Swedish, deep tissue, reflexology and even Reiki. All treatments can be customized to meet your body’s needs.
- Transcendent Peace. At the end of the day, drift off to sleep at the Hot Springs Lodge in rooms designed for rest and relaxation. Our Wellness Package is the perfect choice for a yoga getaway; it includes admission to the Athletic Club and a ten percent discount off the room rate. In the morning, enjoy a complimentary full, hot breakfast at the resort’s poolside restaurant.
To book your Glenwood Hot Springs yoga getaway, visit www.hotspringspool.com.